De-risking Energy Efficiency Investments
The workshop is organised within the framework of Sustainable Places 2020 conference and will present innovative solutions, developed by the aforementioned H2020 research projects, aiming to make energy efficiency investments more attractive for the financial sector.
In particular, innovative solutions that will be presented are among others the following:
- labelling schemes, project rating methodologies and risk assessment tools, standardised legal and financial structures of assets (loans, guarantees, energy performance contracts etc.);
- gathering, processing and disclosing large-scale data on actual financial performance of energy efficiency investments, in order to create a track record for energy efficiency in different sectors;
- further integration of non-energy benefits in project valuation, in particular in the building sector, leading to evolution of existing financial products or creation of new targeted products;
- targeting institutional investors (e.g. public pension schemes) in order to increase the share of their funds invested in energy efficiency, or to develop specific funds or investment products;
- supporting the integration of energy efficiency in portfolio management strategies for institutional investors and/or fund managers, including through re-definition of fiduciary duties.
In the workshop, the Triple-A approach on assessing the financing instruments and risks at an early stage of an energy efficiency project, on identifying the “Triple-A” investments, based on selected key performance indicators and on assign the identified investment ideas to possible financing schemes will be presented.
Stay tuned for more information!